Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Favorite Ornaments

It's funny, but I was already planning on doing a post on my favorite ornaments! After all, I've already done ONE about Grant's favorite ornaments! But my dear blogging friend over at Our Journey sent me a link up to this Show and Tell! 

So here you go...and let me tell you, deciding on my favorite ornament is like asking which child is my favorite!! It just isn't possible! However, I picked a few out that I get super excited to pull out of the box even thinking about Christmas ornaments! 

Let me preface these pictures by stating that I have had a Christmas tree in my room as early as I can remember- probably 5 years old at least! And it wasn't a tiny tree, a stand alone 4ft tree! So I started my ornament collection at a VERY early age! I should also preface that my mom was probably Mrs. Claus in a former life, as her love for Christmas goes beyond most people's! So with that combination, my ornament collection is well over 300+ and has been since I was in college! And since my boys have been born, I'm sure its about 400+ now!
-     The top left ornament is one of my Crayola collection ornaments  I probably have 7 or 8 Crayola ornaments. The boys really like this one because of his wiggly legs! I just think he's super adorable!!
-    The bottom left was an ornament I picked out when I was about 12 years old at Crown Center. My family used to go there every year to see Santa and we'd get to pick out an ornament from their amazing Christmas store! I just love the colors and simplicity of this ornament! It makes me smile!
-  The middle ornament is one from my childhood. I remember picking it out at the Family Tree Nursery. I loved those little fuzzy bears when I was a kid! I'm really surprised this ornament is still in tact, after all it is probably 25 years old!!
-   The top right is Mickey Mouse making an snow angel. I have a pretty decent collection of Disney ornaments! Its just too adorable and you cant help but smile at it!
-  The middle right is an icicle Santa. I really remember when and where I got most of my ornaments, but I don't remember where this one came from. I know he's been around for a good 15 years, and I love the bright colors! It's hard to tell from the picture but there are little start shooting out of Santa's hat!!
-  The bottom right is possibly the oldest ornament I have! I remember getting this one from the Family Tree Nursery too. I had a thing for teddy bears back in the day! And balloons too! I thought this one bit the dust this year when I pulled this out and all the boxes were not nested anymore. But with a little tweaking, I saved it!! Phew!!

Honestly, I took about 30 pictures of my ornaments because I couldn't really pick my favorites! But this handful contains the ornaments that I would describe to people if they asked about my ornaments, say sometime in July! These would be the ones I'd think of! I think these are the type of ornaments my boys gravitate towards as well, which could also be why they are my favorites!

I hope you've enjoyed my Show and Tell!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This is really pretty neat that you can remember where you got so many of your ornaments! I think I would get along with your mom well as I LOVE collecting Christmas stuff too. Thanks for playing Laura!

Lori Beth said...

We think alike! :) I normally do a favorite ornaments collage or post too! Working on this years still. We were busy people this week and I'm behind on blogging! ha! I'm always behind on that and laundry. ;) Love your ornaments and that we share a love for CHRISTMAS and many other things! :)

Lori Beth said...

We think alike! :) I normally do a favorite ornaments collage or post too! Working on this years still. We were busy people this week and I'm behind on blogging! ha! I'm always behind on that and laundry. ;) Love your ornaments and that we share a love for CHRISTMAS and many other things! :)