Friday, December 21, 2012

500 and a Mommy Moment

This is my 500th post on my blog! I can't believe I've already hit that mark! I remember after my first blog post thinking, I doubt I will actually keep up with this thing! Well, turns out, I did! And I am so so so so so thankful I have! One of my favorite pastimes is to pick a random post from a random year and read it! All those memories come flooding back to me like they just happened! That was my goal when I started that continues to be my goal! I hope you've all enjoyed reading as much as I've enjoyed writing!
...........................................................................................................

Now, onto a Mommy Moment. This entire month of Christmas, I felt like we really did our Christmas spirit justice! We started off with donating shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child, we made "bell ringer bags" and filled them with coins from the boys' piggy banks so they could drop money every time we see a bell ringer, we donated Toys for Tots, we thoughtfully bought gifts for our families, made surprises for our neighbors, and really let the Christmas spirit come alive!!  Well, last night as I was running through the upcoming weekend events with Grant, I told him that we are going to open our presents on Saturday, before we leave for Kansas. And so innocently, he looked at me and said, "You mean we are getting presents too?"  I realized at that moment that he has lived this whole month only thinking of others! Sure, he asked Santa for a present but he didn't ever ask us for anything, or even expect us to buy him anything! Never once had I heard him wonder about what he would be getting for Christmas or talked about his wishlist!  It was a very proud moment!! I am so happy to see my little boy display such a wonderful, giving, and thoughtful heart. 

2 comments:

Lori Beth said...

Love his sweet heart! I got my moment today! Thank goodness...Yay, it's not about the gifts! Silly me for worrying about that. ;)

Laura said...

Of course you got your moment!! You're a great mom with two great kids!!!!! I never had a doubt!!