Sunday, November 25, 2012

Lighting Up Enid, Sort Of

On Friday night, Enid held their Lighting Up the Plains festival in downtown Enid. I know we moved to a small town, compared to Jacksonville, but we were still hoping to have a beautiful Christmas light celebration to attend. Afterall, we've experienced St. Augustine a few times, and San Antiono once. So I suppose you could say we were kind of spoiled with extravagant Christmas light displays. However, Enid's was quite disappointing! But, I have heard rumors that there were some technical difficulties, so maybe it could've been better. We did see some lights, saw some friends, walked around downtown, and then headed out for pizza. We wanted to stick around for the fireworks display, but we didn't want to stand around in the cold for an hour. It was fun to get out as a family though! But I think next year, we will wait til firework time to show up!

No comments: