Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Riverwalk

Last night, we went to the San Antonio Riverwalk, which is all lit up for Christmas! The past few years we've always gone to St. Augustine, Florida Night of Lights and we were hoping this would live up to those high expectations! It was pretty, but I guess nothing compares to St. Augustine! But we had a great time nonetheless!! We got downtown pretty early so parking wouldn't be a hassle! We had a yummy dinner at Chili's (although I could've done without the 5 timeouts Wyatt needed to have!) and then headed to the river to get our boat tickets! There are riverboats that drive you around and tell you about all the sights and history. This is where we expected it to get Christmasy. We were hoping for some Christmas carols or something, but no such luck!! There were 250 trees lit up and lots of other pretty lights going on, so the boys definitely enjoyed looking! Hearing about the history of the Riverwalk was pretty neat too! The boat tour lasted about 30 minutes or so. I'm glad we did it, even though it wasn't as Christmasy as we were hoping!! It was still a night of family fun!!
(I wish I would've studied a little more about my camera settings so I could have made these shots even more beautiful!! Maybe next year!!)
I wonder if Enid will have anything special for us to do next year?!?!? 

No comments: