Tuesday, December 6, 2011

St. Nicholas Day

St. Nicholas came last night while the boys were sleeping! Grant was very curious about St. Nicholas. Apparently he doesn't remember him coming the past two years. So we talked about what a giving and kind person he was. In order to differentiate between St. Nicholas and Santa Claus, I told Grant that St. Nicholas is Jesus' helper and he brings toys to little boys and girls who love Jesus. I told him about Nicholas giving all his toys away when he was a kid so other kids could have toys! He connected with that immediately since we had just made a donation of old toys yesterday! He thought that was pretty cool!
So before bed last night, the boys set their shoes out, we read a story about St. Nicholas and went to bed! Grant was so excited to see that St. Nicholas brought him a Batman Adventure set!!! Wyatt was a little bummed he didn't get a set too, but how was St. Nicholas to know he wouldn't appreciate a book from his FAVORITE author?!? Oh well!!  
I hope I can teach my boys the giving spirit like St. Nicholas has!

No comments: