Thursday, November 22, 2012

Tree Decorating!

We decorated our tree this past Monday. I know, it was early! BUT, Levi was off work this whole week, so we took our time decorating for Christmas and thought it would be much more enjoyable that rushing to get it done over a weekend! The boys had a great time exploring all our decorations! Grant and Daddy put the star on the top of the tree! Then, after the tree was all decorated, I hid two pickle ornaments for the boys to find! (see the Legend of the Pickle Ornament here). My boys are just like their father and can't find their nose in front of their face! But they eventually found them pickles and got to enjoy their first candy cane of the season!! 
I love traditions that I can carry on from my childhood and pass them on to my kids!! I feel like the Christmas season has many traditions I hope to pass on, so my kids can enjoy the holidays as much as I do!!

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

I love it! It's such a special time to share traditions and fun times with your children. I was so emotional all day yesterday as we decorated and told special meaning. OH, I'm a sap! :) Love those pickles! Isn't being a mama the BEST!