Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Trouble in Paradise

The day has finally come. We had to un-bunk the bunk beds!! It's been a few weeks in the making. The boys started sleeping too little and causing much trouble! Not sure if this solution will work,or if we will have to actually separate rooms- which I don't want to, since I don't want to lose the playroom- but my sanity is relying on this!! I enjoy naptime, and I plan on enjoying naptime for a few more months at least!! But these past few weeks, naptime has not been enjoyable! Between timeouts, and taking things away, and threats, the boys got what they deserved! We said they could earn their bunk beds back if they can start making better choices!! 
I know Grant is about done with naps, but he needs a rest time of some sort. I don't mind if he would sit in his bed for a while and read or whatever. He does need a short nap, if anything! But I know when Grant stops taking naps, Wyatt will too, so I'm going to hold out for as long as I can!
Hopefully this is just a phase....we shall see!

No comments: