We've already planned a shopping day for Toys for Tots next week, but when a friend of mine told me about Operation Christmas Child, I knew we had to do this!! I'm always looking for some ways to help my boys think outside themselves and help other people. They're at a hard age for them to really understand that, but its never too early to introduce the idea!
The idea behind Operation Christmas Child is to fill a shoe box of items for a boy or girl of a certain age. These shoe boxes are delivered all over the world to children who wouldn't otherwise have Christmas gifts. I told the boys about this idea before they went to bed last night and they were so excited to go shopping this afternoon! Wyatt picked out items for a girl age 2-4, and Grant picked out items for a boy age 5-9. They had a blast thinking of what other kids would enjoy playing with!! Their shoe boxes were so full, I was hoping we would actually be able to get the lid on! We are taking them to the drop off location tomorrow, so I'm hoping to solidify what an impact they are making!
'Tis the season for giving!!
'Tis the season for giving!!
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun organization. I can't wait to adopt a family or do something through our church for the holidays!
Post a Comment