On Saturdays, we are trying to get the boys to get up on their own without coming in and waking us up first. They've done it a few times. The first time, Wyatt came up next to my side of the bed at 6:45 and said, "I'm just so excited to get up by ourselves!" Totally defeated the purpose, but it obviously was special to them! They usual weekend morning routine is to come in our room right at 7:00, when their clock turns green, and tells us that they're awake and they want to watch a show and have breakfast. Not that Levi and I can sleep in past 7:00 anyway, but it would be nice to not have to get up and start working right away!!
So last night, we told the boys they were going to get up without us and that Grant was going to fix breakfast and turn on a show for them. So I set out some powdered donuts (totally awful, I know!) and some grapes, I had cups of juice already made in the fridge and the TV set to Disney Jr. Levi and I were awake about 7:00 and laid in bed talking about moving, packing, and our weekend plans. And just about the time we were going to get up, I heard our door knob turn and creak open. It was Grant, who had a special treat for us....
He made us breakfast in bed!! He said, "Well, after I made my plate and Wyatt's plate, I had two extra donuts left, so I thought, 'Huh, maybe mom and dad would like these for breakfast.' So then I made two waffles and couldn't find two plates, so I just used this tray. And I wrote this note for you." My heart melted at that very moment. My sweet little guy, not only taking care of his little brother, but taking care of us too!! It was the sweetest moment and made my heart so proud!!!
1 comment:
That is so adorable!! What a kind heart!
Post a Comment