Life at Vance Air Force Base definitely was not what I had imagined. Sure, Levi was a student there back in 2006 and I thought I knew what the instructor side of life would be like. As a student, Levi worked 12 hour days, studied for 4-5 hours a night, and slept the rest. That was our life. But I imagined instructor life would be so much easier- much more laid back and less time consuming. I couldn't have been more wrong-as an instructor Levi worked 12-14 hours a day for two straight years- definitely just as stressful and just as time consuming. But what I never imagined was how AMAZING our community would be! And really, amazing might be an understatement.
It's hard to even describe the community to someone on the outside. You see, Enid is a small town. There is a handful of restaurants, shopping, and definitely not very many activity places. So chances are, if you're out in town you're going to see someone you know. And also chances are, if your husband is at work, so is everyone else's. And also chances are, if you want someone to hang out with, there are probably a dozen other wives wanting the same thing.
The majority of our squadron wives are stay-at-home moms with young kids. There is always someone to meet at the park, or Chick-Fil-A (when it finally opened), or Leonardo's, or just to play at someone's house. There is always someone who needed another wife to vent to, or get encouragement from. There is always someone who feels exactly the same as me.
So leaving behind this amazing group of women was going to be much harder than I had ever imagined. Thanks to our incredible CO and his family, the 33d FTS became a family. A Dragon family. I have met people I will be friends with forever. They may be across the globe, but we will always be connected by our time at Vance.
When the time came for my farewell, and a few other ladies' as well, we knew it was going to be an emotional night. An evening at the country club, surrounded by the dragon ladies was an awesome way to say goodbye! Thanks for the memories!!!
A selfie, because seriously- I never look this nice!
And my farewell gift I will treasure forever!
And some of our Dragon Family!
It's hard to even describe the community to someone on the outside. You see, Enid is a small town. There is a handful of restaurants, shopping, and definitely not very many activity places. So chances are, if you're out in town you're going to see someone you know. And also chances are, if your husband is at work, so is everyone else's. And also chances are, if you want someone to hang out with, there are probably a dozen other wives wanting the same thing.
The majority of our squadron wives are stay-at-home moms with young kids. There is always someone to meet at the park, or Chick-Fil-A (when it finally opened), or Leonardo's, or just to play at someone's house. There is always someone who needed another wife to vent to, or get encouragement from. There is always someone who feels exactly the same as me.
So leaving behind this amazing group of women was going to be much harder than I had ever imagined. Thanks to our incredible CO and his family, the 33d FTS became a family. A Dragon family. I have met people I will be friends with forever. They may be across the globe, but we will always be connected by our time at Vance.
When the time came for my farewell, and a few other ladies' as well, we knew it was going to be an emotional night. An evening at the country club, surrounded by the dragon ladies was an awesome way to say goodbye! Thanks for the memories!!!
A selfie, because seriously- I never look this nice!
And my farewell gift I will treasure forever!
And some of our Dragon Family!
1 comment:
You look pretty!! Enid is a great community and will miss you guys!
Post a Comment