I saw this picture floating around Facebook and I had to share it because it was so heartfelt. It rings so true to my daily life now, and for many more months to come. And I'll be the first to admit that I take my children for granted. The moments they beg for food and hang on my leg and shout my name endlessly from across the house. The moments my house is a disaster, the laundry is never ending, the floors always need cleaning. The moments I count down the minutes til bedtime, or see the numbers the 6:30am on the clock because I hear tiny voices. Sometimes those moments are what I seem to focus on. But there are so so so many other moments that are fleeting and yet so important that I need to embrace them I have them, because someday they will be gone.
The moments when their faces light up as I drive up to pick them up from school. The moments I hear an "I love you mama" from my biggest boy. The moments Wyatt asks me to hold him and carry him and pats my back as I do. The moments they wake up and come to my side of the bed every morning. The moments I ask Wyatt, "How did you get so cute?" and he responds, "Because my mom is so beautiful." The moments I paint my toes and Grant asks what flavor I used. The moments they cry because they don't want me to go somewhere without them. The moments we play together, cry together, pray together, live together.
These are the moments with my boys I want etched in my memory forever.
Because one day they will be too big, too cool to kiss their mom goodbye as they go to school. One day they will sleep til noon and I'll have to go to their side of the bed to wake them up. One day they will have a wife and kids of their own who they will be snugging with instead.
But no matter what, I'll always be their mom and I am so happy that I am!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment