While I don't really like the fact that I'm getting older, celebrating my birthday each year still makes me smile!! My birthday fell on a Friday this year, on a day when the boys and I had nothing on our calendar. No school, no appointments, no where to be!! It was great!! Too bad Levi still had to be at work at 6:30am!!
My plan was to relax all morning and enjoy my DVRed Thursday night TV. And while I eventually did that, it didn't go without interruption. But I guess that's to be expected!! After some morning relaxation, it was time to play!! We had to go out and get some cake mix to make my cake, because apparently when you're a mom you have to make your own birthday cake! On our way to the store, we drove past Meadowlake Park and noticed they redid the playground there, so we decided that was going on our to-do list for the afternoon. We picked up Sonic for lunch, thanks to a GB from Summer. Then we came home and made my cake, took some spring pictures of the boys, decorated my cake, and then headed to the new park!! After some playtime there, we came home to play with Sidney and Logan, then went to Chili's as a family, then back home for a neighborhood firepit! It was a wonderful day to celebrate my birthday!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great day. Those days without plans are my favorites. They did great on the cake decorating. Grant and the pond picture is Perfection!
Post a Comment