So I do realize that we have been living in this house for going on 7 months now, and I STILL have not posted pics of our bedroom. I know, you've all been on the edge of your seat....or not! But if you have, you're in luck!! I have an immaculately clean house today (Barb and Summer are coming this weekend!) so I thought it was the perfect time to take pictures that I haven't taken! So, here you go...
Our bedroom is probably one of the most unused spaces in our house. Sure, we sleep there, and Wyatt loves watching Max and Ruby there, but nothing is ever done or even really cared for in that space! We always have clothes and shoes on the floor and our bed is only made about 2% of the year (the 2% when company comes!). But it is a space we like, although haven't devoted too much attention to! One of my favorite things is the collage frame my mom gave us a housewarming gift! I filled with candid pictures of my boys and as Levi and I say goodnight to each other each night, I look at their faces one more time! (Why is it you miss your kids when they're sleeping, but you can't wait to actually put them to sleep!?!?)
We have a beautiful master bathroom, which I love!! Extra large storage cabinet, double sinks, jetted soaker tub, big shower, his/her closets- doesn't get much better!! Maybe someday my bedroom will become an oasis for me, but for now, it is what it is!
And I know I've already posted pics of our living room and kitchen, but we have a few new additions to the spaces that have changed their looks! Levi and I like a good project, and now that we are no longer home-owners, we like to busy ourselves with small projects! One project Levi worked on was turning an old small pub table into a bar cabinet (the piece to the left of the back door)! He did an amazing job and we are super happy with how it looks in our kitchen! Now, all we need is to stock it and enjoy it!!
Our other project was refinishing and old set of lockers we got at a salvage yard- they were a flat army green, and now a glowing pale yellow. Our intention was to put it in the entry way as a coat closet, but it didn't quite fit the space, so we had to rethink things. We wound up putting it where our desk cabinet used to be, and put the desk cabinet in the entry. Unconventional, right?? Well, no one uses our front door- hardly ever. I mean, like once a month at most! But even with the desk there, the door still opens with ease. And now we have our own little "office" space! I love the pop of color the lockers give to the living room! Plus, now that its getting cooler, we have a perfect spot for coats, hats, and boots!
The only thing I'm waiting on still are some photo ledges for either side of the TV. But all good things come to those who wait, right?!?
Hope you've enjoyed my tour!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment