Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Can I Play a Game on Your Phone?

Wyatt asks to play a game on my phone, no kidding, about ten times a day!  I don't let him play for more than 30 minutes at a time, although I know he would if I let him. (It's what gets us through Grant's 30 minute swimming lessons!) I believe that whole-hearted play comes first! And as educational as iphone/ipad apps are, they aren't the same as playing! 
With that being said, Wyatt knows his alphabet- visually and auditory, how to count to 15, all his shapes and colors (even the non-basic ones), and is phenomenal at puzzles, patterns, etc. He's a little learner, and those are just the kind of things he likes to play!! So, when he's not playing in the playroom, or doing "homework" at the kitchen table, he's off playing with my iPhone or iPod. Today, while I was cleaning the bathroom, he asked to play with my phone. He's good at navigating what games he wants to play, so he's 100% independent with it. I came out to see where he was, and I found this.....
Who can resist a cutie in footie jammies, with a stylus and iPhone?!? 

No comments: