Friday, October 12, 2012

Eel in Training


Grant had his last swimming lesson last night! I got to swim with him on the last day and he proudly showed off all his cool moves!! He swam the length of the pool freestyle, jumped off the diving board 3 times, and swam back. Then he swam the length of the pool backstroke, jumped off the diving board 3 times, and swam back. He back floated ALL BY HIMSELF! He did "rockets", which is where they kick off the wall, either on their back or their front, then turn around and swim back to the wall. He smiled through all of it and looked at me, with eyes seeking approval! Of course, my eyes showed more than that!! I was so proud of him!! I'm glad I got to spend those 30 minutes just devoted to him alone!! It was awesome!!
Here is the slide, which he went down by himself twice the other day!! He was so scared of this on his first day, but LOVED it the other day!! And to the right is the infamous mushroom, which earned Grant a trip to the ER on his first day. 
I enrolled him for the next session that begins in 10 days! He was so excited to know he will get the chance to swim again!! I can't wait to see his progress in the next 8 sessions!!
Way to go buddy!!!

No comments: