Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Night with Mimi and PawPaw

Being by myself with the kids definitely takes its toll! It's exhausting really! But gosh, I'd never give it up or wish things to change. Well, of course, I'd wish Levi back in a heartbeat, but I'd never give up the time I spend with my boys. But that's not to say that I don't appreciate a healthy break every now and again! And thank the Lord for Mimi and PawPaw! They are so amazing, volunteering their evenings, weekends, or whenever it may be to sweep my boys away and give me some peace and quiet! Those moments for me to breathe in peace, watch TV in silence, BLOG!!!, and sleep past 7:00 (which I've never done!) But not only do I appreciate the break, the boys LOVE spending time there without me- the refer to this exciting night as a "no parents night!" and its special to them as well!!
They got to spend one fun evening being ever so spoiled! My mom texts me pictures throughout the evening, and these were just too fun not to share! 
 And I told my mom, "No buying Lego sets!!!" See how well she listens!! Grant said to not be mad at Mimi because she really wanted to buy those sets for them!
 Park time with PawPaw!

 This is SO my boys- They decided to make a cookie shop with the Valentine's cookies they decorated. Wyatt made this adorable sign to "sell" his cookies. Grant made a sign that said, "Cookies $5 each." If that doesn't sum them up perfectly I don't know what does!! 
Wyatt's cookies! 
 Grant's cookies!
Big big thank you to my parents for taking care of my boys so I can take care of me!! We love you both very much and are so thankful for all you do for us!!

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

Yay, for family!! So glad you have some family close for a little breather here and there. :) Looks like they had a great time too.