The 100th Day of School is a pretty big deal anymore. I don't ever recall celebrating that when I was a kid, or even as a teacher! But nowadays, its a BIG deal!! Mrs. R made sure they had a day of celebrating!! After our morning Skype date with Levi, it was time for 100th Day centers! (Let me just say how thankful I am to be present in Grant's classroom. I go there every Monday for small groups, every school party or special event, and pretty much whenever his teacher needs a volunteer. I just love it and am so so so thankful!!!) I got to lead the Building with 100 Cups center!! I probably got the most fun one! The kids rotated through their centers for about 45 minutes and had a wonderful time!
Filling in a 100's chart must be so fun!!!!
Of course, knocking it over was the most fun!!!!
100 thumbprints!
They got to fill a snack bag with 100 snacks- they got 10 pieces from each tray. The other trays not pictured had skittles, trix, and cookie crisp! This was probably a tie with the cup center for BEST center because they hardly ever get snacks at school!!
After centers, the kids got to show their 100 items. Lots of creative ideas- 100 tiny balloons, 100 dixie cups, 100 pieces of candy, 100 googly eyes. Grant filled a small glass jar with 100 plastic hearts. He thought it was perfect because it had 100 items, PLUS it was "valentinesy." Couldn't argue with that logic!!!
It was a wonderful celebration of their accomplishments this year! In Grant's 100 days of kindergarten, he has grown so much, learned so much, and experienced so much!! He's done better than I could've ever imagined and I'm so so so proud of the amazing little boy he is!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment