I knew this time of year in Grant's school would be kind of hard on me. This was my first holiday with Grant going to a public school. While it doesn't sound like a big deal, it kind of is to me. It was hard for him to never come home with things about Jesus, the real Christmas story, or anything of the like. One day, he did come home with an easy reader about how all people celebrate the holidays. Other than my brief stint student teaching, I have ZERO experience with public schools! Luckily, I feel like I covered all our bases at home, so whatever was done at school was just extras! And I'd say the party we did to kick off Winter Break turned out to be pretty darn fun! Especially because Levi was back in town and got to help celebrate with Grant! It was his first time coming to Grant's school, so it was a big deal to Grant!
I'm co-room mom for his class, so I was able help coordinate some of the fun activities! 45 minutes isn't a whole lot of time to do much, but we squeezed in quite a few activities! We always try to do class pictures, snack, and 4 games/activities! I was busy leading activities, so I got no pictures of those fun things! We started with a snack- they made snowmen with powdered donuts and fruit by the foot. For their activities, they did snowman bowling, photo booth, footprint snowmen, and snowball on a spoon races! Good times had by all the kids! His class is just wonderful- such sweet kids! It really is a joy to be a part of their class!! And Mrs. R is a great teacher! We are so lucky to have her as Grant's first "big school" experience.
1 comment:
I love the picture of Grant with "snow" reminisce. :)) Looks like a fun time.
Post a Comment