Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Learning

(You'll notice a lack of Grant in most of these pictures! Try as I might, crafting and learning are just two things he saves only for school. I'll get lucky and snag a few minutes here and there with him, but Wyatt is really the one that enjoys these!!)
Holiday themes were always my favorite part of teaching!! And while I've been out of the classroom for a good 9 years now, the love of holiday themed schoolwork is still alive and kickin! I knew Christmas games would be a must after Wyatt so enjoyed the Halloween and Thanksgiving games, so I worked all November long to get these ready to go!
I use this table to hold all our school games! It's right off the kitchen, into the living room and is prime real estate for learning opportunities! Wyatt and I usually enjoy these after we take Grant to school, before we take him to school. We usually have about 20 minutes each  morning and that's some of my favorite time with him! I also have some coloring and activity books to choose from- Wyatt loves a good maze or dot-to-dot!!
 I got Grant to stop for a second and do some Math Monday homework working on ten frames up to 30! Way more fun than worksheets, or at least that's I tell him! I think he secretly enjoyed it too!


 Word Wednesday is sight word practice days. You would think this "snow writing" would've been a hit, but not so much- too messy for my pretty boys. 
 I made this one for Grant and he hasn't touched it! Wyatt will sure be prepared for Kindergarten math topics!
 Grant brought this sight word game home and Wyatt loves it! He says, "It's a board game, but its also a reading game. Isn't that cool?"
 This is our sensory bin activities! They love filling these little boxes up and playing Santa!!
 My little reading boy loves this game!
 Number ordering and ten frame matching in the pocket chart keep him busy too!
We've gotten alot of use out of these centers and there are quite a few more I haven't even taken pictures of!! We will enjoy them a few more weeks and move onto Winter!! I'm so happy I have at least one kid who lets me be a teacher still!!

No comments: