Sure, I match my boys' outfits on special occasions. I don't try to necessarily make them look the same, but I do like to coordinate them. Although, sometimes I go against my better judgment and put them in the same outfit (ahem, HERE!) I never thought I would be like that though, because my mom ALWAYS made us match! Sometimes, even her outfit matched our outfits! Now, I would never go that far with my kids... or maybe I would if I had a girl, who knows! Either way, Sara and I have a LOT of pictures where we are matchy matchy! I remember a certain Laura Ashley photo shoot (the bottom middle) where my mom wore the same outfit as us and I told her our picture was going to turn out like a three-headed monster. And it did. But it really wouldn't be the 80's without a matching Laura Ashley photo shoot, right?!?
Oh, and don't forget the "sailor look" in our family photo! I don't think I liked it when I wore it. But I probably didn't like anything my mom made us wear at photo shoots because it didn't have a Nike swoosh on it and I couldn't wear my high-tops. And can I point out my non-existent waste in the bottom right picture with my sister and my Dad? That was Father/Daughter dance in 1996. I remember buying that skirt at Old Navy shortly after they first opened and it was a size 0. Yep, at one point, I wore a 0!!! Ah, the good old days! That's about as cool as my dad's "Vette" belt buckle. Really Mom, you let dad wear that belt buckle (while wearing two shades of denim!) to a Father/Daughter dance?!! But I guess its '"SO" him!! And the picture on the top right with my mom, not sure who's First Communion it is because Sara and I are BOTH wearing First Communion dresses! See, matchy matchy!
But I guess my mom knew that she would look back at all these pictures and love how they turned out. Just as I do when I look back at my boys photo shoots and love how they "match." I guess its just one of those weird things moms like to do. I wonder what my boys will think when they look back at their photo shoots from their childhood. Surely, there won't be anything for them to make fun of.....


1 comment:
Crack me up! I love me a good matchy-matchy outfit! ;) I do match my littles (not always easy being boy/girl)! I call it a sickness! ;) Coordinate is what I have to do since I can't go all matchy-matchy, but oh I would. Ha!
Post a Comment