You know they say, "April Showers Bring May Flowers!" That proved to be true this past week- it rained the first three days in April, so I'm hoping by May, everything will be pretty and green! And to celebrate, we did an "April Showers" center theme! We had such a great time with our Easter centers, I couldn't wait to get another round of centers lined up! I already had some fun activities I had prepared last year, so we used that and I added a few more other fun games! The boys were excited to see what I had come up with! Since this was our first time doing these and there are still a few more weeks in April, I'm hoping we can pull them out another time or two this month! I wish we could do activities like this more than we do, but with our already crazy schedule, I'm lucky we do this stuff once or twice a month! It does help to have a good theme though! :) Maybe summer break will bring many more opportunities for structured play!!
The top activity is matching the lowercase letter with uppercase letter magnets. I'm so proud of my boys and how quickly they learned their letters! The bottom activity is spooning beads into the matching color container. We took this time to sing a few songs about rainbow order. This was a little tricky for them both to manipulate, so it was some great fine motor work!
The top activity is sorting "raindrops" with their grab nabbers. An easy activity, but so good for those little fingers! The bottom activity was a number order puzzle. I couldn't find a themed one for 11-20 like I was hoping to for Grant. But still a great skill to master!
The top activity was linking flowers to match the number on the card. This was tricky for them to do, but another great fine motor activity! The bottom activity was letter clip cards, matching the beginning sound. Wyatt did them all by himself first and then Grant checked his work. Got them all right!
This "puddle" jumping idea came from my dear friend Lori. I used it to work on number recognition with the boys. Funny how they learned all their letters before they turned 3, but numbers are a different story! Grant recognizes 1-10 fine, but gets a little confused in the teens and beyond. So one side had numbers 0-9 and the other side had numbers 10-19. I yelled out a number and they had to jump to it. Then they had to jump to them in number order. It was alot of fun and Wyatt has asked to do it many time since then!
The top activity was flower patterns. My boys have patterns figured out pretty well. AB, AAB, and ABC patterns have become pretty easy! Guess I'll have to start getting creative! The bottom activity was number clip cards. They really like these activities!
So those were our centers for the week. I do have some other fun activities I'm hoping to get to this month, but knowing how quickly time flies, I'll believe it when I see it!! But I sure do treasure these teachable moments with my fellas!





No comments:
Post a Comment