Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Patch


It was the perfect day for the pumpkin patch!!! The past few years we've gone in Florida, its been hot and sticky, but today was much more pleasurable! Although a little warm for my liking at this time of year, we didn't sweat our butts off, so that's a good thing!! I'd been researching places to go here in San Antonio and wasn't coming up with much, but Levi finally heard about one at a nearby church. Just like Florida, Texas just doesn't seem to have pumpkin patches like they do in Kansas- ones where you actually pick them from the vine- so we're used to church pumpkin patches! We got there and did a once over and noticed lots of people pulling wagons around. We couldn't find one, so we thought maybe they just brought their own. Grant REALLY REALLY wanted a wagon or wheelbarrow and since we couldn't find one, he didn't really have the best attitude and could really care less about looking at pumpkins. We eventually found a wheelbarrow, but he wasn't the best driver, so we put that away and found an abandoned wagon. Finally, all was right in Grant's world! After that, Grant, Wyatt, and I went for a little "train" ride- a mower with barrel cars. They both loved it!! Wyatt loved it so much, he cried the rest of the time we were there because he wanted to keep riding! (Typical for my kids- just as one kid gets over his bad attitude, the other one starts!). So we all found our perfect pumpkins and our trip was over! I didn't get the best photo opps so my kids weren't really giving me anything to work with, but I made do! We did miss our good friends, The Dahlmans, who we've gone to the pumpkin patch in Florida with the past 3 years! Regardless, we were together as a family and that's all that really matters!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those pictures are just too cute for words! We would love to find a good, old-fashioned pumpkin patch. I think we'll have to settle for a Florida patch for one last year. I LOVE those boys! :-)