What it is about rocks that just attract little boys?? I don't know, but I'm glad they do! Our side yard is covered in rocks, for whatever reason. Actually, the entire backyard is less than desirable, at least to adult standards. But to kid standards, its perfect. Stacked railroad ties make for a great balance beam. No grass lends itself for good places to dig. And a whole side yard full of rocks is practically Heaven. And it finally was a cool 63 degrees this morning, so we took full advantage. The boys made some stone soup with some rocks, leaves, and a bucket of rain water. Lots of balancing was practiced. Dump trucks were dumped. It was an all around good morning. Well, there is always the inevitable sad face from Wyatt, but what day would be complete without seeing that face a few dozen times?!?

1 comment:
My boys adore rocks too. I don't know what it is. No matter where we go, they collect rocks. I find them all over the house, in their ride-ons, and in the car.
Post a Comment