Saturday, November 6, 2010

School Games

 As you read from a previous post, one of my new goals is to do a "school activity" with Grant each day. So far, it was been very successful and he usually asks me all day to do his "school game." Being the old teacher that I am, I have collected educational games for Grant over the last 2.5 years, and some of my old teaching supplies have come in handy, so finding ideas and games hasn't been too hard!
Yesterday, we did peg boards. I have been working with Grant on his colors and shapes since he turned a year old. I'm beginning to think he is color blind, or just doesn't care! He knows them on occasion, but most often he says the wrong answer. I think he knows more than he leads on, but its frustrating to me! We had fun sorting the shapes, stacking the colors, and making patterns. I think he had the most fun when I'd build a tower and he'd pretend to be the Big Bad Wolf and blow my tower down!!  

Tonight, I did a Thanksgiving pattern game with Grant. I found an amazing blog that has given me some wonderful activities!! One of Grant's favorite shows is Team Umizoomi and his favorite song is, "Snack Patterns." He's been starting to understand the concept of patterns a little bit. So, we started off by cutting out the pieces. I let Grant use scissors for the first time, with my guidance of course! He caught on pretty quickly and did great cutting out the pieces! Afterwards, we sorted the pieces and then started the pattern. I went through the first few with him, but then he just knew what to do! He was so proud of his hard work that he asked to hang it up in his room!!
Very proud of his cutting work!!
The Pilgrims and Indians are sorted!
Placing the patterns!

TA-DA!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: