Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Halls are Decked

 I absolutely love putting up my Christmas decorations and I seriously wait with anticipation all year long!! We have always decorated the day after Thanksgiving and this year was no different. After getting up bright and early, thanks to Wyatt, we did a little Black Friday shopping then came home and decorated ALL day!! And by all day, I mean I didn't sit down til about 10pm, but it was so worth it!! It was a little difficult decorating the tree with Wyatt around. He is into EVERYTHING!! Grant was always so good about not getting into stuff he shouldn't be into when he was a baby, but Wyatt is totally nothing like that!! So Levi did some baby wrangling and I did some tree decorating! I must say, I love how it turned out!
 Grant helped me put on about 5 ornaments, and he was spent. He personally liked all the ornaments hanging on one branch, so I had to move a few when he was done! 
 Apparently a little forethought would have been beneficial! We forgot the tree skirt until after everything was all decorated!
Our newest Christmas decoration- a countdown quilt my mom made for us. They are all little pockets for fun little advent treasures!! Grant is already about to explode waiting for Dec. 1st to come long!! This will be a fun tradition for years to come- Thanks Mom!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am SO jealous of your countdown quilt! I have been wanting something like that!
The decorations look great! So festive!