Thursday, November 18, 2010

Only Grant

Grant has been doing things "like a grown up," as he says. That usually refers to things he shouldn't be doing, but does anyway because he thinks he's a "grown up." Last night, I was cooking dinner and was talking on the phone. Grant was playing in the living room, watching a show. I peeked on him from time to time, and at one point, noticed he got the markers out of the craft closet. He knows he can't play with markers without my help! So I brought him to the kitchen table with his coloring book so I could keep a closer eye on him. So as I was making mac and cheese, I turned around to see Grant not coloring on his book whatsoever, but coloring ALL over his body!! As I was putting the markers away, he was begging to take a bath, but I told him he'd have to wait because dinner was almost ready. So as I am getting the fish sticks out of the oven (jealous of our food selection last night??!), I hear water running in Grant's bathroom. I go in there to find him naked, sitting in the sink- something I do with Wyatt after he finishes a meal and needs a quick rinse. He said, "I'm doing it like a grown up!"  I guess I give him credit for taking the initiative for trying to clean up his own mess!
I think he was using the toilet water at first because I noticed this hand print, plus some other washed off marker on the seat of the toilet. Way to be sneaky, Grant!
Oh, only Grant!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What? I bathe in the sink quite frequently. :)