Before we left for Kansas, we had our own little family Christmas right here at our house! Since never actually spend Christmas Day at our own house, we make Christmas Day come a little early! I emailed Santa and Shed must have delivered a message as well, because Santa said he would come visit our house on December 20th! That would give us two whole days to play with all the new stuff before heading to Kansas!
Our house was all decorated, inside and out. We'd made lots of Chritmas crafts, chocolate chip cookies, and Levi and the boys made snickerdoodles, so all that was left was leaving the (chocolate) milk and cookies (and carrots for the reindeer and chocolate chips for Shed!), and Kleenex in case Santa got a runny nose from all the cold weather (I love Grant's ideas!) and go to sleep!
And when we woke up, we saw this:
Well, actually it looked a little more like this....so Christmas cozy!
I always love seeing the boys' faces when they come down and see their goodies! Wyatt had been crying about something prior, probably because he wanted to see me and I wouldn't let them come out yet. But I love this moment of them holding hands, Cuddles in the other of course...
Santa brought Wyatt his "remote control train that doesn't go on tracks" and he brought Grant two science kits. They each also got a Hexbug Aquabot!
And the next present they opened was the one they picked out for each other, which ended with this wonderfully awesome brother hug!! They truly loved picking out a gift for each other and watching the other open it! It was so amazing to see the true spirit of giving and love come alive in that moment! (Grant picked out a take-a-part car for Wyatt and Wyatt picked out a zhu-zhu pet and vehicle for Grant)
Wyatt loved every thing he opened, he'd fall over with excitement. He sure was fun to watch! Grant would open a tiny corner of his present and as soon as he figured out what it was, he would tear through that paper like the tasmanian devil! He would shrill with excitment! This year, shopping for him was SOOOO easy because he is into so much! I literally just had to close my eyes when going in to stores so I wouldn't see anything else I wanted to buy for him!! But I think its safe to say I was successful with both of them!!
We spent the rest of the morning playing, playing, and playing! We did have to brave the icy, snowy day to do some shoe shopping, must to Grant's dismay- he didn't want to leave the house for anything!! It was a wonderful day filled with fun, presents, playing, and most of all- LOVE!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment