Saturday, September 14, 2013

Grant @ 5.5

Its hard for me to even type these words, let alone believe that you are halfway to six years old!! It just blows my mind. Makes me a little sad to think you're growing up so fast, but also so proud to see the big boy you're becoming!
You started your second year of preschool, or I guess pre-K. You're the oldest one at school, but not by much. Although you're not the tallest, much to your dismay! You're proud to be the oldest, and I often tell you that means you have to set the best example. Not so sure you like that responsibility, but you're enjoying your year! You love playing with Owen and Brady, and of course, your little brother! I think you secretly like having him at school with you! You're doing great with your handwriting- getting better each month! We still have progress to make though! Recently you've been into wanting to do basic addition facts as we're in the car. You want to know what 2+3 is, and so on and so on. You're doing great reading your BOB books as well!! I'm so proud of how hard you work, when you want to, that is!
You're still doing speech therapy twice a week, seeing your psychologist twice a month, and are currently not doing OT anymore. Our time allotment ran out last week, so we are trying to get a new referral for a new therapist. You've made HUGE strides, but still have a ways to go before you're kindergarten ready next year! Hoping the referral process gets worked out soon.
You still love playing with your Imaginext toys and Switch N Go Dinos. And you're ALWAYS building something with Legos! You still specialize in making airplanes and cars. You even keep your creations on a shelf in your bedroom (so they stay safe) which you refer to as your "Private Collection" You're so proud of all the things you create. I'm always astounded at the amazing ideas you come up with! You still love all your stuffed animals! You take such good care of Cuddles- I love watching you play "dad" with him!
You're growing like a weed- wearing a size 6 shirt, 5 shorts, and 12.5 shoe. I measured you right before school started and you were 43.5 inches tall and 44 pounds. I wouldn't be surprised if you've grown more since then!! You still don't eat foods like I wish you would, but you'll get there...someday.
You love being outside and riding your bike or razor scooter. You love having your basket on your bike to take Cuddles for a ride. You can't wait to be big enough to reach the mailbox so you can put the mail in your basket! (Hate to break it to you, but that probably won't happen while we live at this house!)
You're just growing so big, so smart, so strong, so wonderful! I'm proud of all you've accomplished and the little man you're becoming! I'm proud to be your mom. I can't wait to see the things God has in store for you, because you are one special boy- I can only imagine the places He will take you in life!!

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

Grant the sweetheart! :))