Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cherokee Strip Celebration Parade

I'll be the first to admit- we don't "do" things on weekends like we should. We mow the grass, run to Walmart, eat Golden Chick for lunch. I fold laundry and we catch up on TV. We go to church and maybe take a nap on Sundays. We don't typically go "do" things. So when I heard about the Cherokee Strip Celebration going on this weekend in downtown Enid, I figured the parade would be something fun to "do" as a family! We knew we had a days worth of car shopping to do today, but we figured starting the morning off with a parade sounding like a good idea!
It was a brisk and beautiful morning! In fact, Levi took the boys on a bike trailer ride and it was about 60 degrees, they had red, cold little noses! So I was happy to know I wouldn't be sweating my butt off outside at a parade! We got there a little ahead of schedule and actually sat pretty much at the end of the parade, so even though it started at 10:30, we didn't see the first part of the parade until way after that! Lots of old cars, beauty pageant winners, tractors, rescue vehicles, kids on bikes, Shriners on tiny cars, a few handfuls of candy. It was your typical parade and the boys LOVED it! 
We had to see a guy about a car, so we had to leave before the "grand finale" of the parade, which is the running of the steers, which apparently looks a little something like this...
We are in Oklahoma afterall!! I know it would've been a sight to see, but I think the boys enjoyed the sights they did see! It was their very first "real life parade" as Wyatt put it!
We need to go "do" stuff like this more often!
 Always a crazy kid!







No comments: