Monday, August 5, 2013

Mommy Moments

Just a few stories I don't want to forget:

- Wyatt was going to the bathroom at a store and as he was standing at the toilet he said, "My pees are probably thinking, 'This looks like a fun pool. I think I'll go swimming.' (as he starts to pee) See Mom, they're going swimming now."

-While painting a wood dinosaur at the table, Wyatt kept saying, "Why is this taking so long Bubba?" I responded that painting was supposed to be fun, so its good if it takes a long time. Grant said, "Yeah Wyatt just enjoy it." And Wyatt responded, "Well, you know what they say Bubba, The harder it is, the better it is." I had no idea he was so wise ;-)

- We were at our cell phone company trying to fix our internet and the service man was very rude. As we walked out of the store, I told Grant to never be rude to a lady, no matter what. He said, "Don't worry Mom. I'll never be like that guy. He probably doesn't even have a wife."

- I've been "training" Grant how to treat girls as he gets older, and practice going on dates. I've told him numerous times that sometimes he has to do what the the girl wants, even if he doesn't like it, because that's a good way to show love. So after a day in the city, we ended up at PF Changs for dinner, much to Levi's dismay. (But I guess after 7 years, its about time he took me to my favorite restaurant...I digress) So after Grant enjoyed his dinner, he grabs my hand and says, "Mom, I'll take you to dinner here anytime you want to. Because I love you."

- Conversation with Wyatt:
W: When do we go to Heaven?
Me: When God calls us there, after our job on Earth is done.
W: Well, we have to move next year, will that be good timing?

I just love the words that come from their mouths! If only I could remember each and every word!

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

I love these moments! I need to get mine together for a post. It's been about a year since I've done one and sadly I had several stored in my phone notes and lost them. :(
It's true I wish I could just remember every word too! Such funniness and sweetness!