Friday, August 2, 2013

Doing What We Do Best

Of course, most of our time at the lake was just spent swimming and splashing! In fact, I don't think I even left the house the first two days! Its a little bit trickier going to the lake with such young kids. The past few years I've gone, I felt like I was hardly ever in the water because I always had a baby to take care of! So this year, it was nice that the boys were just big enough to stay inside in the house and play if they didn't want to swim, and I could still lay on a raft! They were much more independent than I had hoped!
Although they really loved swimming more than I thought they would, especially Grant. Wyatt still wasn't too sure about swimming in such a wide open area, but he did his fair share! Grant LOVED jumping off the side doing cool moves. The big boys had jumping contests and we had to score them! They had a great time squirting everyone with the water guns! And of course, playing with Kenny in the water! He was best water toy there was!!
Of course, us grownups enjoyed lounging on a raft or noodle with a cold beverage in hand chatting and enjoying our time together! The water was PERFECT!! The weather was PERFECT! It was just a PERFECT vacation!!!

No comments: