Monday, August 5, 2013

Date Night with My Boys

Levi works late a lot of evenings, and some days those evenings can draaaaaag. So every now and then I like to make life exciting and surprise the boys by taking them somewhere special!
Last week, after dinner, I made them put their shoes on and hop in the car. And while my plan was to take them mini-golfing, I had to improvise because it wasn't open. Luckily, I hadn't told them where we were going. So we went for Cherry Berry! We ate outside and the boys ran crazy for a few minutes. I was hoping golfing would be open by the time we drove back, but it still wasn't open. As I drove past the park, I noticed the lake was super full and the waterfall was overflowing (we did have 4" of rain overnight!), so we decided to park and walk over to the lake. It was a sight to see!! The water was gushing over, creating loads and loads of bubbles! They were amazed!
It was a wonderful evening hanging out with my boys, doing something out of the ordinary! Those moments are oh so special to me!! 

No comments: