We have never been sick on a birthday, but I guess there is a first time for everything! Wyatt woke up sick as could be this morning. I thought he was off the day before, but I chocked it up to three late nights in a row plus daylight savings time. We went to see the Lego Batman Movie, and as he sat on my lap for part of it, I thought he felt warm. But we got home, he went off to play and seemed fine after that. That is, until 4:30am when he ran into my room gasping for breath while coughing and I could tell his fever was intense.
Unfortunately, we couldn't get in to the dr. til 2:00 that day, so he layed low and we kept up with the ibuprofen and breathing treatments. I just swore up and down it was pneumonia again. When we got to the dr, they immediately thought it was flu. So they swabbed him for A and B, and 30 minutes later came back and said Negative. So they checked his lungs for pneumonia and said Negative. She felt around his face, neck, and stomach so they swabbed him for strep and said Positive! Poor baby had a horrible case of strep! He's never had that before! Since he was so sick, they suggested giving him an antibiotic injection, as opposed to the standard oral antibiotics for 10 days. I'm so glad he chose that option because we knew he would start feeling better in no time!!! I even made the call to cancel their birthday party for tomorrow and they were both so upset! Luckily I have it rescheduled for next Monday, so we should be ready to go by then!!
This little guy just made my heart ache seeing him so sick. During our two hour visit to the doctor, he fell asleep on the bed two different times. I just cradled him and kissed him and wished these yucky germs away!
UPDATE: Today, on their birthday, he is feeling SO much better! He has said numerous times that he is "so thankful he got a shot in the butt!" You'll be good as new in no time my little buddy!!
2 comments:
Poor guy! Being sick stinks, especially on your birthday and Spring Break. Glad he was brave and wellness is around the corner!
Poor guy! Sick on your birthday should totally be against the rules.
Post a Comment