Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wilderness Science Center

Bear with me as my blog is totally back-logged. So let's take a trip down memory lane all the way back to September......
---------------------------------------------------------
I had the privilege of attending Grant's 1st field trip of 1st grade!! When he found out that his three field trips of this school year are all science related- he was stoked!!! I hadn't really thought out my volunteer plan, as this outdoor field trip coincided with the worst allergies I've had in years! But to spend a few extra hours with my big fella was well worth the allergy attack I had later!!!
We got to ride the bus together and I got to be his group leader during the field trip! hooray!! 
The field trip was to learn all about plants and how they grow. We started the field trip in the "classroom" checking out the animals. Snakes and lizards and turtles, oh my!! Grant looked comfortably at them all from behind the glass! But some kiddos held a humongous snake!! Ew! 

 Then we headed outside to do some activities! The kids acted out the process of getting water to all the plant parts! This was pretty cool! A great demonstration! 

 Then we got in our groups and went out to do a field study, in a field!! We had to collect roots, stems, leaves, and seeds! The kids did a project with them when they got back to school! I just love spending any extra time I can with Grant and his classmates!




1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

Field trip fun!! Looks and sounds like a cool place for a field trip.