Wednesday, August 12, 2015

First Day of First Grade!


I can't believe the day has come that my little buddy is in First Grade!! He has thoroughly enjoyed his summer and I was thinking the transition back to school might be a tough one. But once we got word of who his teacher would be- Mrs. Knapp- he seemed to be a little more excited! Then, during our supply drop off night on Monday, as he was putting his supplies in his desk he said, "Ok, can we just start school tomorrow?" I took that as a good sign that he was ready for a new school year!! 
 He woke up with a spring in his step! He was excited about his new outfit, to bring his new lunchbox to school, and his cool patch on his backpack (thanks to his awesome dad!) We got to walk to school as a family, which was SO GREAT!!!!! 
 We walked back to his classroom, he hung up his backpack and went right to his very own desk!! He is super excited for that this year, since Kindergarten only had shared tables. Then, he just got to work, which was my cue to leave. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay for as long as possible. I wanted to watch him and be there in case he needed me. But seeing him feel so confident, I knew he wouldn't. I knew he would have a great day!

 And he did!!! I walked back to his pod to get pick him up and he said, "The day seemed kind of short!" We walked out of school with his buddies, snapped these few pictures, and got a sweet ride home from Eli!

  He said he liked First Grade! They had two recesses where he got to play with Jalen and Eli, and he sat by both of them at lunch, even though they are in the other first grade classes. He had Computer and REAL for specials. They did one math page. And that was about all the info I could get out of him before he and Wyatt ran off to play, and where they are currently holed up in the basement enjoying each other immensely!
It'll be a year of transition- full day school, lunch at school, part time school for Wyatt. But I think before too long, we will figure it all out!! Bring it on new school year, we're ready for you!

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

First grade is so fun!! Grant looks like he's ready and cute as ever!! Praying for a great year for that big first grader!!