It was the day before school started and the day before Luke's 8th birthday, so the only logical thing we could do was go to Worlds of Fun, of course! None of the boys had ever been there and Levi and I haven't been for 10 years, so we were all excited to spend the day together!! We researched all the roller coasters on the way there and everyone was beyond excited to ride them ALL! Well, we knew Wyatt wouldn't be able to ride too many of them, but he was still excited regardless!
After a ride on the Bamboozler, the Viking Voyager, and the Sea Dragon, The Boomerang was the first roller coaster we made it to! I think Mason left his stomach and his courage on the Sea Dragon because he instantly became a little cautious about the roller coaster, but they were still sooo excited to ride their first big ride! Levi went with them and Wyatt and I watched from the sidelines. I couldn't believe Grant was big enough and brave enough to go on this thing! The last roller coaster he rode was a kiddie ride at Sea World when he was 3. This one was no joke! I couldn't figure out how he wasn't terrified!!!! But he had no fear!!
This is what Wyatt thought of him being too small for rollercoasters...
But after they walked off, I could tell they might not have been as brave as they thought they were!! Levi loved it, Grant had no thoughts about it, Luke said "he regretted it," and Mason thought he might pee or puke. We thought we better take a breather and get some lunch to settle their stomachs. We went to Fury of the Nile next- Levi and Wyatt stayed at the food place, as he had to make a few phone calls and Wyatt wasn't tall enough. Then, Levi, Grant, and Luke all headed towards the Mamba and Wyatt and I were heading to Planet Snoopy. And after Mason's experience with the Sea Dragon and Boomerang, he thought he'd pass on the Mamba and head to the kiddie park with us!
Wyatt was so excited to be 42" tall and could ride everything single thing at Planet Snoopy by himself if he wanted to! I rode a few things with them and Mason took him on a few I was too big for. They had fun palling around together!
The first thing we did was the Snoopy Space Coaster and Wyatt proclaimed, "This is my very first roller coaster of my whole entire life!" And of course, he loved it!!!!
He flew this little airplane- he's the one in the front. They got to pull the stick and move higher, just like a real plane. He thought that was awesome and couldn't wait to tell Levi about it!
One of rides has an exit that goes right into the gift shop (genius marketing!) and the most exciting part was....
Meeting Snoopy in real life!! This kid is a Peanuts fanatic!! He pointed out his shirt to Snoopy and they hugged multiple times!! Wyatt was in shopping heaven in that little gift store! We got two keychains for souvenirs!
Right after that, the big boys came back from the Mamba and were ready to move on. Wyatt and I could've stayed at Planet Snoopy the entire day, but I was hoping to ride a few things with the boys too, so we moved on! The big boys all went to the Timberwolf while Wyatt and I looked for a good place for us all to get a snack. We got some good snuggle time in here too while we waited....and waited..and waited...good thing he's do darn cute and entertaining!
When they got out, we had a snack stop, and then I took the big boys to the Prowler roller coaster while Levi took Wyatt on the train, the ferris wheel, and the Viking Voyager again. Mason was a little unsure about another roller coaster, but I assured him this didn't have the stomach-wrenching drops like the others did! And after it came to a stop, he turned around and said, "That was my favorite ride so far!" In fact, I think all the boys loved that one! I did too!!
We all rode the Viking Voyager again (obviously a big crowd pleaser!!), and the Fjord Fjarlane, and then Levi took Luke and Grant to the Spinning Dragons roller coaster, while Mason, Wyatt and I did the Viking Voyager again!! Then it was time to call it a day, since it was a school night!!
It was a great day, celebrating our last day of Summer and Luke's birthday with some super fun cousin time!!!! We might wait a few more years before we go back, but I know we will be there again someday!!
1 comment:
What a fun day for those cousins and your family! A great way to end the Summer break and to celebrate a birthday. Fun, Fun!!
Post a Comment