Monday, August 3, 2015

Welcome Home, Levi!!

We figured out it had been 391 days since we said "Goodbye" to Levi! Granted, we had our short little Christmas break, but still- that was a long time regardless!!! We couldn't wait to watch him walk off the plane and know that he was home, and home for good!!!!
I was hoping he would be able to come home with me from my trip to Virginia, but he had to wait 6 more days. I had everything prepped ahead of time, just in case! So by the time I got home, all we had to do was sit and wait! 
Finally, the day came and of course, Levi's flight didn't get in til 9pm, so we had ALL DAY LONG to wait! We tried to stay busy though!! We got everything decorated...
 And made signs to take to the airport! Finally, it was time to head up there!!
 We found his gate and not-so-patiently waited!! The boys were standing right outside the doorway, a few feet back, and a few minutes before everyone started unloading, this group of people came and stood right in front of them. Who goes and stands in front of two adorable boys at 9pm at night, holding signs that say, "Welcome Home Dad!"???? I was going to say something to them, but I don't think they spoke english. So I ushered the boys to the side and I kept an eye out for Levi.
 Once I told them he was coming, their excitement turned to this! Grant held his sign up as high as he could and was practically jumping out of his skin!
 And then they ran as fast as their little legs could carry them, right into their daddy's arms!

 These pictures are horrible quality because we were in the corner of the airport at 9pm. But I don't need pictures to remember this moment- they are forever ingrained in my brain!



Words can't even begin to the describe how we all feel about him being home. As I'm typing this, he's been home for 9 days now and it still doesn't feel real, or even permanent. It just feels fantastic!!!

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

Oh, melt my heart!! What a great day and knowing he's not leaving again!!!! So happy for you! And by the way your pictures are Perfect! Their signs are adorable too! :) Prayers