I remember the first time I met them. It was summer 2012. We were hanging out at the Enid Public Library. A spunky little girl with blonde pigtails and an inquisitive little boy with red hair were bouncing around. I instantly wondered if they were going to go to Grant's preschool in the fall. I didn't introduce myself to their mom like I usually would do, but they were with other friends, so I didn't want to intrude. But I remembered them. And then I saw them at Grant's preschool orientation two months later and I was so happy to finally meet that little girl with the pigtails, Gracie Beth, and her mom, Lori!!
Grant and Gracie seemed to have an instant connection. Grant didn't talk about too many people from school early on, a few names here and there, but one name I heard more than once was Gracie. He liked that their names sounded and looked similar and he LOVED her braids, or "brains" as he called them. I took their first picture together, by Grant's request....
And somehow, I can't even explain how it all unfolded, but Gracie's mom, Lori and I became instant friends as well. I don't even remember the moment we exchanged phone numbers or anything like that. It's just like we were friends from the start. Maybe it was the fact that Lori and I had sooooo much in common- I mean, her middle name is Beth, she was a former teacher, scrapbooker, blogger, family photo taker, our kids are the same age, love a good holiday theme, and I could go on and on. And the best part is- both our kids were instant friends too! And over the last 2 years, we've been enjoying lots of playdates!!
And not only did Grant and Gracie form an instant friendship, but Wyatt and Luke did too!! They could literally play together ALL DAY LONG and never get bored or tired of each other!!!
And once little Jace came along, he fit perfectly into the bunch as well!!
I knew moving away from Enid was going to be hard. But leaving these friends was unimaginable, for all of us. Although, we are so fortunate to only live a quick 4 hour drive from them, we know the playdates can continue for years to come, just not weekly like we got accustomed to. We are truly blessed by their friendship, faith, and fellowship. Knowing that Lori is just a text away makes it easier to get through the distance!
We love you W family!!!!
1 comment:
I remember your boys at the library!! I didn't until you reminded me. So funny! I'm so glad we found each other. I already miss you guys. I saw "your car" yesterday at HL. I kinda expected to see you in there. :) Thankful for you and thankful for technology! Your friendship means so much to me. My littles have asked when we are going to visit your new house again. Soon, but not soon enough. ;)) We love you guys!
Oh, and GB's brains!! haha
Post a Comment