We were shocked when we found out we couldn't even do sparklers on the 4th of July. How can you celebrate the USA without sparklers? It just wouldn't do for us. So we headed out to Old Papa's farm on the 3rd of July to blow up some fireworks!! We used to do that when we were younger, so it felt right to let the boys in on the tradition as well!!
We met Sara, Eric, and the boys for dinner at Red Robin before heading down to the farm. After a few stops along the way to stock up on fireworks, we made it to the farm just before dusk. The boys couldn't wait to start blowing stuff up, so we started with sparklers and smoke bombs to ease the ants in their pants.
Eric and Levi coordinated the fireworks, while Sara and I sat back and watched. Mason and Luke did their fair share of lighting off their own fireworks. Wyatt loved the sparklers and ooooohhing and aaaahhhing over everything. Grant loved sparklers too and he loved watching the big fireworks, but he spent alot of time doing this....
We did lots of parachutes, fountains, light up-and-spinny-on-the-ground thingys, and lots of things that went pop. It was a great show and alot of fun!!
The farm is one of my favorite places to be, so being there with all the boys, my family, and being with Levi on his favorite holiday, was just a great time!! This picture I got of Grant just makes me smile!! Such a happy place with lots of happy memories and I'm so happy we got to make more on the 3rd of July!! I think I see a new tradition in the making!!
No comments:
Post a Comment