Tuesday, July 8, 2014

It's Time To Go

We knew the day was coming, as its been in the back of our minds since February. It's one thing to think how the day will play out, but its always different when it becomes real. I mean, we've done this a few other times, so you would think I knew how I'd be feeling. But since the end of April, we've had so much time together to just enjoy each other, work on house projects, and just be a family. Something we didn't get a lot of in Oklahoma. So being in our new house, it was so great with Levi being on leave, just enjoying our time together. Which is why saying goodbye was that much harder. 
A few days before he left, we went on a final date. Well, it seemed like a first date really because neither one of us could really remember that last time we had a true date night together. We dropped the boys at my parents in the afternoon, enjoyed soaking in the pool together, and then went for a couples massage! Then we came home and got all dressed up and headed to Hereford House, where we shared a bottle of wine and ate until we were completely stuffed! It was amazing! 
We spent the next two days packing, last minute shopping, swimming, and snuggling!



 And then the morning came to head to the airport. It was hard knowing the long journey was about to begin, and knowing the boys were oblivious to what they were about to embark on. As Levi went to check in for his flight, the boys and I sat down to wait. This nice old lady asked the boys if they were getting ready to go on a trip. Grant replied that his dad was leaving for a deployment for one year. Up until that point, my eyes had stayed dry, but then I lost it. The lady walked over to me, held my hand and said that her husband had been in the Army for over 20 years while she stayed home and raised 3 boys. She knew my pain. And then she said, "The good Lord will see you through." And then she prayed for me and the boys. She was this little angel God had waiting for me at the airport to help me through this time.
As we walked down to Levi's gate, I just couldn't imagine how this next year will be. Without my best friend, my other half. But Grant kept saying, "Don't cry Mom. Dad's done this three other times already. Its going to be ok." My little rock- well really, people showing emotions makes Grant really uncomfortable, so really he wanted me to stop crying for himself- but I used it as a sign to be strong for my little fellas.They snuggled Levi one last time, happy as could be- oh to be blissfully ignorant! After I watched Levi walk through the gate, I had my moment, and then I picked myself up and the boys and I started our journey in strength and faith. 
Because like my angel said, "The good Lord will see us through." And I know that to be true!

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

So great you two got to enjoy a long date together before he left. The airport story choked me up again reading it. God is good! and yes, will definitely see you through.