Grant has a major obsession. And I am very happy he does!! Never in a million years did I think Grant would be a Lego kid. He NEVER enjoyed puzzles or blocks or duplos or anything like that as a toddler. He was all about imaginary play. So when Levi brought home a few sets of his old Legos, Grant was hooked from the get-go.
Fast forward a year and a half later and this kid lives and breathes Legos! If he's not sleeping or at school, he's on the playroom building and creating! Since the Lego Movie came out in early February (which we've seen twice so far!) he has been building creations from that movie, talking about the movie, quoting the movie, and basically obsessing over it. He even has had trouble falling asleep some nights because he keeps thinking about how to build his next creation. It's so funny! And he's so amazing at it!! He can follow plans for 8-16 year olds! But he can also build his own things that are perfectly symmetrical and amazing without plans!! I'm truly amazed at each and every creation his little brain comes up with!
During a few days stay at Levi's parents, we bought Grant a new set before heading out there to keep him busy. And that it did! He spent a good 9+ hours building one day!!
This jet was from a Ninjago set my mom bought him. Of course, he added his own details to it!
This was a space pod he made. I just love the symmetry he builds with. He's exactly like his mom! :)
And I do my fair share of building with him. He usually takes what I build and transforms it into another creation. Nice to know I still "have it" after all these years. But this one I'm supre proud of! I made Lord Business from scratch- no plans necessary!!
I can't wait to see how his building evolves over the years. He has quite the talent. I wonder where his love for building will take him in the future?!?
1 comment:
Such Master builders, you and Grant!
Post a Comment