Friday, February 14, 2014

Celebrating LOVE

I told Levi that Valentine's Day was my fourth favorite holiday, coming after Christmas, Halloween, and Easter. He said that Valentine's Day was his least favorite holiday, coming after Martin Luther King Day (HA, such a romantic). We've been married 7.5 years now and I can't really remember a Valentine's Day where Levi really surprised me, other than the year before we got engaged. He snuck into my apt during the day (well, he had his own key), decorated my room with streamers, balloons, chocolates, etc. Then he went 40 minutes away to get my favorite Chinese food and had it waiting at his apartment that evening! It was the most surprised I had ever been, considering Levi doesn't really have a romantic bone in his body!
(there were streamers hanging from the ceiling too!)
Fast forward to the night before this Valentine's Day. I had been leaving him notes about things I love about him all week and he never mentioned them. So I asked if he read them, and he said yes, that he liked them. So I was teasing him (while being completely honest!) that he needs to step it up in the romance department! I'm not looking for diamonds or flowers- I'm just looking for thoughtfulness!! So, the next morning, Levi had to get up at 4:30 to get ready for work. He left the bedroom and said goodbye at 5:10. When I got up a little bit later, I thought it was strange that the bathroom door was closed, but didn't think anything other than that! As I opened the door, I saw this...
I was so shocked and surprised! I ran to grab my cell phone to text him, only to see he'd already texted me some sweet messages!! I couldn't believe my eyes! So as I smiled and skipped around all morning (well, maybe not, but it did put a spring in my step), as the boys and I headed out the door to leave for school, I found this....
Another sweet surprise!! I couldn't believe that he went through all that work so early in the morning! I actually felt bad for teasing him so much the night before! But it was just the sweetest gesture!! I guess I'm a cheap Valentine's date- a package of streamers and balloons and I'm as happy as can be!!
Next, it was my turn to surprise Levi! I'd been planning this idea for a while and was hoping it would work out. I texted him early in the day to tell him we had special dinner reservations and to be home at 5:30 on the dot. The boys and I were preparing a special meal and they were going to be our servers and waiters. We had a menu made and everything. Wyatt was going to seat Levi when he came in the door and take his drink order. Grant was going to take his food order. Well, Levi wound up coming home earlier than usual (seriously, when does that ever happen when I want it to!?) so we went along as planned, we just had to wait a while longer for the food to be served ;-)  
It was a special day, filled with celebrating love! The love between us, which we so often take for granted and overlook. The love that brought us together, that made us a family. 
The love that we will cherish forever!

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

Way to step it up Levi!! Special surprises are the best. :) Such a fun idea the boys being waiters!