Yesterday, Grant stayed home from school sick. Nothing near as bad as what Wyatt had last week, but he felt crummy. He ran a fever most of the day. When his fever broke, you'd never know he was sick, but when that fever hit, he was down for the count. Until 8pm last night when he had no fever anymore. But since he has to be fever free for 24 hours before he going back to school, Grant stayed home today as well. So we had a non-sick sick day. Which sounds good in theory, but when you've been cooped up in the house for 7 days with sick children, another day stuck at home with healthy children isn't very appealing. Especially since it was foggy until 2pm! So we had to make our own fun and games before we all wanted to poke each other's eyes out!!
And so our Non-Sick Sick Day Games were born! After an hour of painting, an hour of me folding laundry, and a quick lunch, we needed to do something to bust our boredom. I put together our first game- Ball Toss-O-Rama. I set up 3 baskets and a makeshift line, pulled out our bucket of balls and the game began. The big laundry basket was 3 points, the middle basket 2 points, and the closest basket 1 point. I was the scorekeeper on the iPad. After our bucket of balls was empty we added up our score. Grant: 31, Wyatt: 22. This was a super fun game for the boys and it took us over 30 minutes to go through our entire bucket of balls (they did miss the baskets ALOT!).
After this game was done, it was on to bowling. I sent the boys back to the playroom so I could surprise them with the setup. They were thrilled!!! I didn't have the correct number of water bottles, so I improvised with the layout. And the red water bottle was worth 2 points! Nothing like a good game changer for an added twist!! They probably played this game for a good 30+ minutes as well. Final score- Grant: 25, Wyatt: 19. They had so much fun, and so did I!
I guess non-sick sick days can be kind of fun afterall!!


1 comment:
What a fun day!
Post a Comment