Wednesday, February 20, 2013

59 months

I can't believe I've been blessed to have spent 59 months with this big kid!! Almost 5 years old just blows my mind!! I can't even fathom the idea of you getting any bigger because it just seems to crazy!! The days with my little baby, toddler, preschooler are almost behind me- and in its place will be a full blown BIG KID!
You've loved telling everyone this past month that you're about to turn five. I think sometimes you've already tricked yourself into believing you're 5 already! You willingly tell anyone who crosses our path that you're birthday is March 15th, you share it with your brother, and you're having a Lego party. You are so excited!! I can't wait for the big day too!
You've grown so much this past year! You're doing so well in school and you love going. You've got your own little circle of friends, even an adorable little girlfriend (wink, wink). You think the world of your school and your teachers, which makes me so happy! 
You've really been enjoying playing Legos and Tinker Toys. The ideas and things you come up with just blow my mind! Your mind works in a very engineering type way! You use amazing symmetry and have a reason for every little piece you put on there! You specialize in making cars and airplanes with Legos, and guns/weapons with Tinker Toys. But you insist that you're a good guy when using them, so you can stop those bad guys!
You are still very very fond of all your stuffed animals, including Cuddles, Little Cold, Pup, and Dolphie, as well as Blue Blanket.You are quite the snuggle bunny with them!! You make very elaborate stories and pretend play in your bed at naptime and bedtime. You remind me so much of me when I was young!!
You're getting quite big, and if you grown any more you won't have any pants to last you through the rest of this winter! You wear size 5 in tops and bottoms, sometimes 6 in tops! You wear a size 12 shoe. 
You've started occupational therapy this month for a few different issues (that will come in another post) and I'm so proud of you for trying your best! Even last night when we left OT, you said, "Mom, I really tried the best I could today!" I know its been frustrating for you, and its been a little heartbreaking for me, but I'm hopeful we will both be stronger when we're all done!
I'm so looking forward to celebrating your big FIVE next month and I know you are too! You're practically my party-planning assistant!
I love you my little sweetheart boy!!!

No comments: