I have been waiting for the day to do "school" activities with Grant!! I finally got him to start working with me a few months back. On a daily basis, shortly after moving to Texas, he would ask me if he could go to school. I'd say, "When we move to Oklahoma, you can go to school. But we can do school games at home." He'd always reply, "No, I want a real teacher." (If he only knew how much I spent am spending on my education to become a real teacher!) Anyway, after adding school games to his chore chart (which is ok at this point because he thinks chores are cool!), we now do school work 3 times a week. I usually do 4 stations for him: a literacy station, math station, fine motor station, and logical thinking station. I have found some great preschool blogs that have given me lots of resources I could never make on my own. Hence, our ever growing Thanksgiving Project Wall!! We also had a Halloween Project Wall, but this one is far superior, as Grant has been a working man these past few weeks!! Most often, he asks to do more school work, even after our 4 stations are completed! I love it!!
I've already got his Christmas work printed off, and project list made! Can't wait for our next gallery!
We've also been doing a Thankful Tree. I thought up this idea mid-October, and since have seen numerous varieties on Pinterest. But I was happy that I had thought of it without any help! Anyway, I made the tree out of a brown paper grocery sack, and the leaves came from two groups of branches from the Dollar Tree. Easy peasy. Grant hasn't quite grasped things he should be thankful for, other than all his toys. But its a start! I hope to make this a tradition for years to come!!


4 comments:
Wow, Laura, I am so impressed! You have given me major inspiration to get crafty (and add some teaching in there as well) with Lily and Janie for Christmas!
(And thanks for posting the tree to Facebook, ours has been going strong since Nov. 1!)
I get alot of the printable activities from overthebigmoon.blogspot.com and 1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com.
How cute! I'm SO proud of you for doing school activities with him. You are awesome. :-)
I'm finally putting my education to some good use! It's been a few years!
Post a Comment