Tuesday, November 15, 2011

First Ever Family Movie Night

This whole daylight saving thing has really thrown off our routine. Usually, after dinner we'd go to the park and ride bikes or play outside with the neighbors. But now that it is pitch black after dinner, we have to find something else to pass the two hours before bedtime. And let's face it- sometimes those two hours can take a REALLY LONG TIME! So last week, I had recorded Aladdin on the Disney Channel, so we thought we'd give our first ever Family Movie Night a try! I bathed the boys and got their jammies on while Levi gathered some blankets and made us some popcorn. We had recently watched Beauty and the Beast and Grant seemed enjoy that, so we had high hopes. The boys did really well and sat very still for at least the first 45 minutes. The last 45 minutes was a little rowdy, but we went through two bags of popcorn, songs were sung, and smiles were seen, so I'd say it was a pretty darn good success!! I hadn't seen Aladdin in probably 8 or 9 years, so it was past due for me! (Levi too I think!). Can't wait for many more family movie nights! :)

No comments: