Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mommy Moment part 2

Grant and I had a little one on one time this afternoon. We were looking for a coat for him and he was going to pick out a Christmas present for Wyatt. We went to Ross- a store filled with 95% junk but there are some good treasures to find, if you look hard enough! And almost always, they have some great deals on kid toys. After finding a great deal on a coat (a Nike coat that retails for $75, for $17.99!) we headed over to the toys. Grant immediately saw this set and his eyes totally lit up and he ran right over and snatched it up. "Mom!!!!! You might like this for Christmas!!! I want to get this for you for a surprise!!!  Please? You would really like it." He was so heartfelt in his voice that it almost made me tear up right then and there! I said, "You're right buddy, I would like that! I'll put it on my wishlist."  And then he was off to a Batman something or other. Although a fleeting moment, it will be  imprinted in my heart forever!

No comments: