Bed rest is definitely not as glamorous as it sounds. Sure, the thought of people waiting on you hand and foot- cooking, cleaning, shopping- it sounds nice!! But in reality, to a neat (ok, control) freak like me, its rough!! Last week, I was ordered to be on bed rest from here on out! My first thought was- HA!! Yeah, right- like that's possible with a 2 year old! My second thought was- Levi won't believe me. And my third thought was- hmmm, this could be enjoyable!! I was able to handle it the first few days. Then came the weekend and my house was a DISASTER!! Luckily, Levi appreciates a clean house as much as I do, so he vacuumed, dusted, mopped, cleaned the bathrooms, did the laundry, and fixed dinner! Oh yeah, and did I mention he tried his hand at potty-training (lets just say that experience involved an immediate load of laundry- including Grant's bed sheets!). But I loved his enthusiasm!!! He embraced his inner-Mr. Mom!!! Luckily this week, he was already planning to take leave, but I'm sure he's thought to himself at some point (or two) that he might rather be at work instead!! It's been hard for me to let go control- I want to pick up, organize, and clean the way I like them to be!! But I must say I've learned to let go...at least somewhat!! Thanks Levi for all your hard work- we love you!!!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Mr. Mom
Bed rest is definitely not as glamorous as it sounds. Sure, the thought of people waiting on you hand and foot- cooking, cleaning, shopping- it sounds nice!! But in reality, to a neat (ok, control) freak like me, its rough!! Last week, I was ordered to be on bed rest from here on out! My first thought was- HA!! Yeah, right- like that's possible with a 2 year old! My second thought was- Levi won't believe me. And my third thought was- hmmm, this could be enjoyable!! I was able to handle it the first few days. Then came the weekend and my house was a DISASTER!! Luckily, Levi appreciates a clean house as much as I do, so he vacuumed, dusted, mopped, cleaned the bathrooms, did the laundry, and fixed dinner! Oh yeah, and did I mention he tried his hand at potty-training (lets just say that experience involved an immediate load of laundry- including Grant's bed sheets!). But I loved his enthusiasm!!! He embraced his inner-Mr. Mom!!! Luckily this week, he was already planning to take leave, but I'm sure he's thought to himself at some point (or two) that he might rather be at work instead!! It's been hard for me to let go control- I want to pick up, organize, and clean the way I like them to be!! But I must say I've learned to let go...at least somewhat!! Thanks Levi for all your hard work- we love you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment