Monday, March 1, 2010

For the Love of Robots


Grant is totally obsessed with Robots! It all started one day when I was getting ready to take a shower. I usually turn on the TV in my bedroom and he brings in a few toys to play with. Well, one day he didn't want to watch just any show on TV, he wanted to watch the Little Einsteins (surprise, surprise). Well, it wasn't time for Einsteins, it was time for Handy Manny. So I pulled up playhousedisney.com on the laptop in my room hoping to find an Einstein's episode. Sure enough- one episode: The Music Robot. I thought- ok, that'll be long enough to get a good shower in! I turned it on, and took a shower. He kept running into the bathroom saying, "Bot, bot, bot!" When I got out of the shower, in his own little way, he tried to tell me what the show was about! The rest of the day all he wanted to do was sit at my desk and watch that episode, over and over and over again!!!!! Sadly, it was down from the website the next day and onto a new episode. That was about 2 months ago! Well, finally this weekend on the Disney Channel, the Music Robot episode came on and I made sure to get it on the DVR! So we've probably watched it at least 10 times since then!! His favorite thing to do while watching the episode is to mimic exactly what the robot is doing! It totally cracks me up!! All day long, he'll do some weird dance and as he's doing it, he says, "Bot, bot, bot." He also likes to pretend to fly like the robot!!

Here's a little video of Grant dancing like the robot and "helping" the Einstein's find the Music Robot's missing battery.



Last week, at a trip to the teacher store, we were getting ready to check out and I noticed a little wooden robot toy on the counter. You would not believe the excitement when I showed him the robot!!! Of course, we had to get it!! Mr. Robot has been Grant's little tag-a-long friend ever since!!!


It's funny the things little kids become interested in all on their own! I'm not sure how long this robot phase will last, but it will definitely make for some great stories in his baby book!!

No comments: