Thursday, August 11, 2016

First Day of 2nd Grade

 Grant is an official 2nd Grader, and WOW that seems old!! I used to teach 2nd graders and now that I have one on my own just seems so strange!!! The first day was met with a lot of excitement and anticipation! He was happy he got Mrs. McGinnis for his teacher, although she's on maternity leave until the end of October. He's making it through with the sub, but he's really anxious for his "real teacher" to get to school! It was straight to business on that first day, like he'd done the routine a million times. Amazing how adaptable kids can be!! A quick hug and a few pics and that was that! He's ready to get busy and learn all that 2nd grade has to offer!!




 And just because I love comparison pictures, here is me compared with Grant on my first day of 2nd grade!!

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

It will be like the first day again when his teacher returns. :) Grant looks pretty happy about 2nd grade.